You’re not friends. You’ll never be friends. You’ll be in love till it kills you both. You’ll fight, and you’ll shag, and you’ll hate each other till it makes you quiver, but you’ll never be friends. Love isn’t brains, children, it’s blood…blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love’s bitch, but at least I’m man enough to admit it.
Kind of on a quote thing tonight. Feel free to ignore
And sometimes love means doing what the other person wants. Even if it isn’t what you want.
Switched at Birth //Bay musings//
I keep seeing posts talking about Daphne getting hated on when Bay isn’t and really, I’m laughing because all I see is Bay hate. A lot of it is unwarranted in my opinion.
The difference in being a Bay fan is that I can acknowledge when she does shitty things and exhibits problematic behaviors and attitudes. I can admit she was harsh to Daphne yesterday. However, I can also understand (not condone - important to note the difference - ) where she was coming from.
But it seems like every other character fan cannot ever express when their character fucks up.
When Daphne messes up, it’s whitewashed and excused.
When Ty lies about cheating, it’s romanticized and deemed a noble act. When he emotionally manipulates her (yes, he really did. Please watch the scene again) into climbing a tower because he was insecure because she dumped him for Emmett (important to note not exactly how it happened), it’s “understandable” and also somehow becomes Bay’s fault because she got hurt when she didn’t follow his instructions…meanwhile it was never something she wanted to participate in in the first place.
Bay cheats on Tank (not right nor does it make it right because she has true love with Emmett. See? I can admit Bay’s wrongdoings!) and therefore the fact that he threw his depledging in her face - an act she never asked him to do - before he knew about the cheating is okay. Pre-cheating it was also okay that he got extremely defensive when she didn’t want to sleep with him and then even though he gave her fed her a really offensive and patronizing line about not remembering she’s still in high school, which essentially has the subtext of damn, too bad. College girls give it up way more easy, he was forgiven. And Bay was called a tease.
Even Emmett. I love Emmett, I do, but him telling Bay he wouldn’t wait around for her anymore (again, Bay never asks these guys to do these things) because she was too blind to see that yet another boyfriend of hers was cheating (or rather into someone else) was also shitty.
Here’s what you can blame Bay for:
- Stealing money from John and Kathryn.
- Doing street art .
- Lashing out at others when she’s hurt at times and being unnecessarily harsh.
- Cheating on Tank after being cheated on by Emmett (Noah too?) and thinking Ty cheated.
- The whole Zarra arc.
Here’s what you cannot blame Bay for:
- Being cheated on (or fauxed cheated on).
- Starting the switch (aka finding out why her blood type did not match her parents. Something that may have been necessary and could have effected her health had she not. What if she had a hereditary condition?) I should also note this is not Bay or Daphne’s fault. It was the hospital’s fault.
- Angelo leaving Daphne.
- Wanting to know Angelo despite the fact that he left Daphne.
- Regina being closed-off to Bay.
- Being upset after finding out Regina knew about her for thirteen years and made no effort to come find her. Bay growing up in a wealthy family doesn’t preclude her feelings of isolation and not feeling like she belonged. I should also note Daphne was also pissed when she discovered Regina lied.
You can also understand and not necessarily condone or agree with Bay’s behaviors. There is a difference.
I’m a proud member of the Bay Kennish fan club.
Current members: Two.
Haters: A billion and counting…..
1) what’s wrong with her starting the switch thing?
2) what’s wrong with her wanting her father to stay?
Have fun hating a teenage girl who is going through a very rough experience. It definitely makes you smarter and more mature than her.
Stop. You’re being too logical for some people. Bay is to blame for everything! Not like blame should be placed at the hospital’s feet for having exhausted nurses taking care of children. It’s not as though Bay and Daphne might have needed to know they were switched for some medical reason.
Nope. Bay is selfish for finding out her blood type didn’t match her parents and investigating it.
She’s also The Worst for wanting to bond with Angelo. It’s not like Daphne tried to bond with John or Kathryn.
Sigh. The bullshit in the SAB tag is just sigh sometimes.
what a time to be alive
we should make this
Now and Then (1995)
I say we make a pact. Here and now. We’re here for each other, always, no matter what happens in life. If Teeny goes off to Hollywood or I marry a rich doctor, we remember this day and this pact. Whenever we need a friend, we’re here for each other. We can count on it. Always. No matter what.